• • •
Marketing Assistant – Internship
Time Period: 6 months
The Marketing Assistant Intern will be a member of the Marketing and Social Media team and will help support our social media, event and retail presence through capturing content and interacting with our customers. This role would be responsible for a variety of tasks:
- Assist the Director of BD at live events where MAD TASTY is featured. S/he will gather consumer feedback during the event and capture content that can be used on our social channels.
- Assist the Director of BD at our retail locations. S/he will learn how to service a retail account including: gathering feedback from store manager and employees, making sure the location has enough inventory and making sure there is good shelf visibility for our product.
- Assist Social Media Manager when we need content. Our social media channel has a mix of lifestyle, product and shared / influencer content. The Marketing Assistance will help capture content around Los Angeles related to these buckets when needed.
- Assist Social Media Manager with coordinating shipments to influencers, collaborators and media
- Research and compile information to help with campaigns, photoshoots and marketing tasks
- Brainstorm ideas for content pieces for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Assist with content creation for Instagram Stories and Pinterest
- Previous social media or marketing internship experience a plus but not required
- Current student / graduate in Marketing, Communications, PR, Social Media, or similar field preferred
- Passion for photography and videography
- Passion for health and wellness
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Able to multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment
• • •
Director Of Finance
Start Date: Immediate
The Director of Finance reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing the day to day financial and accounting functions of MAD TASTY. This person will be an accomplished financial analyst and accountant with experience in beverage operations and sales orientated businesses. This role will be responsible for developing a finance strategy and providing guidance to the Executive team.
- Build monthly, quarterly and annual P&L statements to deliver an accurate financial picture to the Executive team
- Prepare annual budgets, cash flows and financial estimates with input from all MAD TASTY teams
- Drive down COGS by sourcing lower cost suppliers and logistics partners
- Purchase, manage and optimize raw materials for production and R&D projects
- Partner with the sales team to analyze promotional activities, product pricing and trade investment to drive share and profit
- Responsible for demand planning: build, implement and track production plans based on sales forecasts and desired inventory levels
- Implement a robust inventory management system. Monitor and analyze inventory as well as co-packer activities
- Responsible for period end close responsibilities including preparation of accruals and analysis of actual results versus budget/forecast
- Pay invoices and manage our finances in QuickBooks
- Review invoices from suppliers and co-manufacturers and address any discrepancies
- Ad hoc financial reporting and special projects as required
- Review and audit financial reports to ensure governmental compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a comparable finance and accounting position
- Food, beverage manufacturing and consumer packaged good experience preferred
- A successful history of developing and managing teams
- Advanced skill level for all Microsoft products
• • •
FIELD MARKETING REp, Los Angeles
Start Date: Immediate
The Field Marketing Rep reports directly to the Director of Field Marketing and is responsible for the planning and execution of field marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will deploy events to generate sales revenue and deliver an outstanding customer experience. This position will be located in Los Angeles and other cities as the MAD TASTY brand expands into new markets.
- Assist the Director in the planning and deployment of consumer marketing strategies to promote business expansion opportunities
- Produce various marketing material including signage, merchandise and other materials to be used at field marketing events
- Research and report on leads, opportunities and closed-won deals resulting from local field marketing campaigns and events
- Track and manage the MAD TASTY events calendar, ensuring that all local sales reps, influencers, and MAD TASTY sales team
- Build co-marketing partnerships to expand the MAD TASTY brand with local customers
- Build & maintain relationships with third party vendors and venues
- Spearhead initiatives and develop unique points of leverage which directly support the Sales team and their goals. Report and lead customer intelligence with sales team
- Attend relevant trade shows and events
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities
- Manage social media activity surrounding field marketing campaigns
- Serve as a market ambassador to the sales team in Los Angeles, identifying high potential accounts throughout the market
- Supporting unique & recurring event activation opportunities.
- Responsible for the planning, setup / tear down, on-site management and follow up of sponsored events
- Manage sample product and POS inventory; maintain and service as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or a related field
- 5-7 years of field marketing experience and/or multi-channel retail marketing experience
- Must have operational mindset with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• • •
VP Of Marketing
Start Date: Immediate
The VP of Marketing will be an integral member of the MAD TASTY team and reports directly to the COO. A successful candidate will be a confident communicator, innovator and will possess in-depth knowledge of marketing strategy.
Brand / People / Project Management
- Oversight of the marketing operations of the business
- Build and lead a marketing team over time
- Build out a marketing strategy and creative direction around a culture-driven brand and our current brand positioning and messaging
- Establish ideal customer targets and develop appropriate messaging and content
- Establish and maintain a consistent brand image across platforms
- Manage a marketing budget, allocate funds and track ROI on marketing campaigns
- Lead social media initiatives
- Manage PR, digital advertising, strategic agency and partnership relationships
- Ability to manage project status to foresee and identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Ability to ensure requirements and deliverables are clearly communicated, understood, and executed by internal employees and external agencies
- Understand and communicate department needs to other internal teams and partners while ensuring effective exchange of information and deliverables
- Ability to act autonomously and manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines
- Report on competitive landscape and analysis – including MAD TASTY demographic targets and other relevant data analytics
Content and Collateral Creation
- Coordinate campaigns with our sales team through activations and POS merchandise.
- Create monthly content calendar for all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc)
- E-mail Marketing: Content creation for the weekly or monthly newsletters inclusive of new ideas to piggyback on pop culture and hemp relevant content that informs our consumers in an interesting and engaging way. Make sure email marketing is tied back to overall marketing strategy and mimicked on social channels.
- Plan and execute campaigns that include prospecting, retargeting, shopping, display, and video ads
- Capture social content at events such as premieres, press junkets, festivals, special shoots, and fan events
Manage Agency Players
- Manage external social management agency’s or in-house social media manager’s day-to-day postings
- Create an effective strategy for digital marketing
- Collaborate with MAD TASTY’s PR agency for media pitching and outreach, media tracking, media events, campaigns, TV broadcasts, sample shipments, etc.
- Plan brand events and help amplify the reach of our events through field marketing, PR and founding team connections
- Marketing bachelor’s degree and/or 2-5 years of relevant marketing experience, ideally working with consumer packaged goods or with beverage brands
- Beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Event planning / coordination experience
- Skilled writing abilities for social media posts, newsletter content, etc
- Strong computer skills, including G-suite and Office
- Graphic design software skills – Adobe (AI, PS)
- Based in Los Angeles, CA and able to travel if necessary