- 12 oz. glass
- 2 oz. Monday
- 2 oz. smoked tea mix (see below)
- 6 oz. MAD TASTY Grapefruit
- Place ice cubes in tall glass, add Monday, add cooled smoked tea mix, 3 dashes bitters, and then pour into another cup or shaker back and forth until ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in MAD TASTY. Decorate with dried fig and or/ dried grapefruit slice.
Smoked Tea Mix:
- 2 oz. oolong or jasmine tea, loose
- 1/4 cup jasmine rice, raw
- Few pinches light brown sugar
- Grapefruit peel (about 3 inches in length)
- 2 star anise
- Put above to mix in small bowl, then place on tin foil laid out (heavy duty is best, or use two pieces approx. 8 x 10) in small pile in center, flatten pile, wrap like an envelope bottom piece over tea mix, then sides, then top portion over, leaving some room for smoke to escape.
- Prep grill (open vents) or use oven, set packet on top of hot grill or heated 350F oven about 5 – 7 minutes, or until you see smoke start to emit.
- Let sit until cooled.
- Remove mixture from foil, and place in saucepan, along with:
- ½ grapefruit, seeded, juiced
- 1 ½ tsp. fig jam
- 1 tsp. organic sugar